Sunday, November 23, 2008

College is much work...

and I'm not even there yet! These essays are killing me. I've never done anything significant or really been challenged. I'm only seventeen! What am I supposed to have done? I've done all my school work, earned a damn good GPA and have wonderful test scores. Again, what is it I'm supposed to have done? I'm not supergirl. I haven't been to third world country, saved a life, started an organization, or done fought a life threatening disease (well technically I have but I was diagnosed before I was two, so I don't think that counts). I'm somewhat above average school wise, but outside of that I'm feeling somewhat inadequate. What've I done that's important? Why should I've done something super important? I'M SEVENTEEN! What happened to being a care-free kid or a terrible teenager? At least I'm not worry about my friends and brother being drafted or sent to prison; I really do have a lot to be thankful for but all this college shit is making it particularly hard to be grateful this time of year when I should be most thankful. I've got a (moderately) healthy family, I'm well provided for, (mostly) happy, and will go to college even if it is just the wonderful Oklahoma University. So, I guess I should be content and stop stressing out about this and just chill and be thankful.

No comments: